The „mediCage®“-Cervical is used for intercorporal fusion of the cervical spine . It is used for the immobilisation and stabilization of one or more segments of the cervical spine. The open design allows a safe positioning of the implant. After successful positioning unloaded endplate areas will be refreshed and cancellous bone can be inserted in situ. This ensures
a safe anchoring in the stable areas of the adjacent vertebrae and allows an optimal area for the bony fusion.
- Good view of the dura and thereby a safe positioning of the cage under direct visual control
- Refreshing of unloaded endplate areas in situ
- Large area for bony fusion
- Anatomic shape for restoration of the lordotic profile
- A secure anchoring is assured in the stable zones of the neighboring vertebrae
- Maximum space for spongiosa filling
- The surgeon can choose from different sizes for the compensation of anatomical circumstances as well as for the individual problems and symptoms
- Reliable and simple lot number traceability by “Trace-ID Pins” ensures a greater patient safety
Additional advantages of the PEEK-models
- Excellent X-ray transparency
- X-ray positive pins allow a secure postoperative control of the bony fusion and if necessary a better determination of neurological complications
- Post-operative control of bone fusion and, if necessary, better detection of neurological complications.
- Artifact-free visualisation during MRI/CT