The MediExpand Cervical Expandable VBR System is intended for use in the cervical spine (C3-C7 vertebral bodies) in skeletally mature patients to replace a diseased or damaged vertebral body caused by tumor, fracture, or osteomyelitis, or for reconstruction following corpectomy performed to achieve decompression of the spinal cord and neural tissues in cervical degenerative disorders. Use of the MediExpand Cervical Expandable VBR System is limited to single-level or two-level corpectomy and the device is intended to be used with supplemental fixation cleared by the FDA for use in the cervical spine.
The implants are continuously expandable to fit the individual anatomical conditions of each patient. The implant features a large area for bony fusion, built-in lordotic profile and much more.
- Excellent visibility of the dura during insertion
- Endplates are accessable for refreshing after implantation
- Large area for bony fusion
- Built-in lordotic profile
- Continuously expandable
- Excellent visibility of the dura during implantation
- Spiked end plates (cranial and caudal)
- Anchor screws for secure positioning
Reliable and simple lot number traceability by “Trace-ID Pins” ensures a greater patient safety